Saturday, November 9, 2013

Well, folks I haven't updated the Web pages for the Mt. Rainier photo guide for good reasons, which means the November-December news, access, information and reports pages aren't on-line yet as well as other pages I had planned to work on this month.

The reason is simple, I upgraded to OS-X 10.9 Mavericks, and while it is better in many cases, it's worse in almost as many cases, including that it either broke or created problems with a number of applications which I use to work on Web pages, namely Adobe's Creative Suite products.

In addition, many applications companies, including Adobe, haven't updated their applications to work with or work better with Mavericks, and until I can get updates to the applications, work is slow at best and stopped at worst. I am looking at using the older versions of Adobe products (have them back to CS3 or 4) which work with far fewer issues or problems.

In the meantime, it's wait for Adobe and others to get their proverbial heads out of their asses and fix their applications. They've had the developer versions of Mavericks for months ahead of time, so it's troublesome they've been negligent issuing timely updates.

Anyway, as Jimmy Buffett said, "That's my story and I'm sticking to it.", for now at least to see if anything happens soon or I just live with things until they are fixed.

No comments: