Thursday, January 1, 2009

2009 Plans and Work

I hope everyone had a good New Year's celebration and wish everyone a good New Year for 2009.

To begin with I have to apologize for the lack of work on this blog and with the Mt. Rainier NP photo guide in December. Events of the season, month and life took a lot of my attention beside some medical problems (short story, approaching 60 sometimes sucks). I have a todo list of updates, new Web pages and blog entries which will take awhile, likely a week or more, so I hope you'll be patient and eventually things will be done and caught up to where I can resume work on the other projects with and associated with the photo guide.

The saving grace for this is that it's winter and only a few people visit the NP, and even then you have to be a diehard winter and snow person, which I'm barely that as my I can't take the cold for very long. Getting there isn't the problem, getting out of the van is, thanks to having Raynaud's Syndrome. My hands stop functioning quickly in cold weather and stop altogether shortly after that. And working with cameras, especially 4x5 cameras, that's not a good thing.

Anyway, what are the plans for the immediate future with the photo guide and blog? First, get the winter guides and news Web pages done and on-line. Second, get new sun/moon information Web pages on-line. Third, update the monthly reports for photographers. After that it's back to the projects, namely the history of the NP, the 1896 expedition, and the first maps. And then resume the normal work of developing the photo guide.

So, that's the story to start 2009. And as always, as they say, "I'll keep you posted."

No comments: