Sunday, January 1, 2012

2012 Plans


I've updated the Mt. Rainier photo guide with the plans for 2012 and beyond. There is still another 2-3 years of work which orginally started in 2006 but didn't get momentum until 2008. The plans, found here, are divided into routine and current work and current and new projects.

As you can see, it's a lot, partly because the routine and current work take about a week a month with some newer work from reviews needing up to a week each. The current projects are 1-3 weeks work and most of the new ones are in the 2-4 week timeframe from start to final production for the Web.

The Website with the Mt. Rainier NP photo guide currently has just over 420 individual Web pages and about 40 photo galleries. When completed I expect the whole set will encompass about 500 Web pages, and this doesn't include all the publications and files available from the Web pages, many of them scanned government or public domain reports or books.

I don't have a timeline for the work. This last year showed me plans are easily trashable, and while I'm slowly getting and feeling better, it's still hard some days, which is why I'm working slowly and increments. I'm back to an excercise plan (walking 5-6 miles 2-3 days a week to town and back), but it's far from what it was before all these health issues started.

Anyway, that's it for now. I'll talk about the future book plans down the road when I have those sections finished to turn the photo guide into a book.

No comments: