Monday, January 16, 2012

Rescheduling Work


Sometimes the best laid plans go awry. Not a new thought by far, especially for me these recent years, but while I've been working to keep the Mt. Rainier NP photo guide current and worked on the infamous todo list and the 2012 plans, I've had to reschedule the planned work, some of it a bit overdue, for other things which are immediately of more importance.

That said, I've embarked on an exercise routine by walking the 6-7 mile trip to town and home instead of driving, either for stuff in town (a moderate size commercial area) or to work on printed versions of Web pages, but both end up at a cafe as the reward and rest before the 3+ mile walk home.

So far I've been walking 4-5 days a week which pretty much kills the morning and some of the afternoon recuperating, having lunch and taking a nap, so by 3-4 pm I'm human again. It's being older now days that takes so much time, which results in taking time away from the Website work.

And when you add the other days for other things in life, there isn't much left except evenings to work on the Website in front of the computer. I get some work done on the paper edits but that has to be translated to the computer (I don't work well on my iPad, I'm too slow typing and poking).

The plan is to resume weight training again and then running 3-4 days a week and reduce the walking to 2-3 days. But that's waiting for the shin splints to heal and the body to agree to running and weight training after a 2+ year hiatus. The goal is to resume hiking in Mt. Rainier NP this spring (I'm not a snow person anymore).

Anyway, that's the story. I'll work on the todo list and the planned work as time permits and post updates. Thanks for following this blog and visting the Website. I hope the information helps.

No comments: