Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Sun and Moon Information

I've updated the Mt. Rainier NP photo guide with information about the Sun and Moon, see introduction Web page, on the rise, set, azimuth, and altitude so you can know when are the best times to photograph in the NP, namely near and after sunrise, before and near sunset, and full moons. The Web pages has specific information and links to Websites to calculate your own tables.

I've posted the information for July through December 2008 so you can get an idea of what available before visiting the Website. In addition some GPS units, such as Garmin's, have built-in software to calculate sunrise and sunset, but not the full suite of sun position or moon information. Or at least those that I've researched so far. But if you find any or know of any, please let me know to post the information to the Web page.

Please feel free to contact me if you have any problems, questions, comments or suggesations.

No comments: