Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Introduction

This is the introduction to a series of posts about Mount Rainier National Park. I retired from the US Geological Survey, see my biography, to become a better photographer and work on a photography guide to this National Park (NP). I started in earnest about a year ago to where I now have a table on contents and some information.

Granted it's not much now, but I decided to expand to a blog where I can write about issues and ideas related to and about this national park and helping other photographers working in the NP. There are some basic photography guides, see resources Web page. Also, Tom Haseltine and others have produced a good photography guide map to the southern half of the NP for new visitors and photographers.

Aside from that, I don't have much of an idea where this blog will go, but more a general wandering of ideas, resources, trips, events and so on as I come across them or find them useful to other photographers. As always, I keep the news and information Web pages updated once or twice monthly. And you can always send e-mail with questions, suggestions or your own trip reports or news.

No comments: