Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Firefox Users

Update.--June 22, 2011, Firefox has released version 5 but my test show the problem with some extentions and add-ons still persist.

I've discovered that some extensions with Firefox (FF) 4.0.1 has problems with both javascript and shockwave player, javascript not working with the maps where the page displays a blank space instead of the map, and not recognized updates to your plug-ins, shockwave in my case with FF.

There is no easy way to report this to Mozilla with the user submission form, so please realize the problem isn't on my end because I've tested it without extensions, with FF 3.6.7 and with Safari, my standard browser, along with Chromium, Google Chrome, OmniWeb and Sea Monkey browsers and they all work fine with both javascripts for the maps and shockwave player.

I don't know what to tell you to fix this. I simply created a new user with basic verisons of the four extension files in the library for FF, found with Mac's at 'Users'/Library/Application Support/Firefox/Profiles/..., see the gobbly-gook folder name dot default. There you'll find the four extention.'something' filename. Just close FF, move those file, open FF - it recreates empty ones, and roll on.

Good luck.

No comments: