Thursday, November 21, 2013

Google Maps

Well, I've been late with work on the Mt. Rainier photo guide for a number of reasons, one of which I forgot, or it makes for a nice excuse, which is that Google discontinued their map api version 2 yesterday, Wednesday November 20th (2013) as promised.

I had hoped to find a Google Map API version 3 programmers, see work description to convert one of the existing maps from version 2 to version 3 (at $25 per hour, tenatively 4 hours maximum but negotiatable). The work is still open as I haven't found anyone and I've struggled learning enough to convert them myself.

Anyway, it turns out Google wrote and implemented a version 2 to version 3 wrapper for simple maps, like mine, so the maps will continue to work for awhile. And I will look at learning version 3 again, but in anyone knows a Google map programmer for a short work assignment, please let them know to contact me.

Anyway, I'll get back to the November-December updates soon as I'm feeling better to resume work again even with Apple's new OS-X 10.9 Mavericks which screwed up a lot of small things which I'm waiting for the expected 10.9.1 and 10.9.2 updates and Adobe updates.

Have a good Thanksgiving holiday.

No comments: